- It was great to see the good old Tampa Bay Devil Rays this weekend. Bad pitching, no offense, and a sweep by the Red Sox. For a minute there I thought the Rays re-brand was working.
- Things have just been getting worse for Roger Clemens. After being connected to country singer Mindy McCready
, another affair with John Daly’s ex-wife
has surfaced. When asked about the incident, John Daly responded that he had no idea he had an ex-wife.
- Randy Moss is starting his own NASCAR team
. Upon hearing this, Joe Gibbs, still sour from the Patriots running up the score on him last season, told driver Kyle Busch
to put Randy into the wall.
- Julio Lugo came 10 feet short of hitting his first Major League homer today.
- Did you hear about the 7 year-old kid at Comerica Park who wanted a lemonade, so his dad got him a Mike’s Hard Lemonade?
A security guard caught the kid drinking the hard lemonade and placed the kid in state custody. The father claimed that he just went to the concession stand and asked for a lemonade and had no idea that hard lemonade existed. You know the Tigers are bad when even their kid fans start drinking.
- Microsoft withdrew it’s bid for Yahoo! this weekend. The Atlanta Hawks also withdrew their bid to knock off the Celtics, letting the Washington Generals
play in their place in Game 7