Me and Josh Beckett are Like Two Pieces of Cheese in a Pod
I think the reason I like Josh Beckett so much isn’t because he’s the best pitcher in baseball and is largely responsible for bringing the ALCS back to Boston, but because he is just like me. Think about it:
1. We were both born and raised in the Lonestar State.
2. We both love to hunt in Texas. I like to hunt birds and squirrels mostly and Josh loves to hunt deer. I happen to own bright orange hunting gear and I’m always ready for a good hunt if Beckett or Timlin should call.
3. We’re both not distracted by our ex-girlfriends. If I’m roaming my neighborhood and I happen to see one of my exes, I may sniff her butt a little, but my focus is not taken away from the task at hand- marking territory for Red Sox Nation and hunting squirrels.
4. I like to bark at my opponents when I defeat them. Like if my brother is playing with a toy I want, I just go take it and I tell him to go take a seat. If Kenny Lofton had a stick I wanted, I’d take it and tell him that he stinks and to go hit the showers.
5. I celebrate my victories no matter what the score happens to be. If I just feasted on a big bowl of kibble and I’m excited, I’m going to let you know about it by running around in celebration. I don’t care if it’s morning, night, or the second inning. I’m happy so I show it. Well, I guess that is more like Manny.
PS: I’ll bark at you when I can during the games this weekend, I’m going on a road trip with my humans. I love to ride in a truck, just like Josh Beckett.